- Suits stage 2 and above cars
- Pinpoint 0.6mm center electrode width
- Enhanced ignition ability
- Trivalent metal plating
- 1 step colder than stock
All 4 cylinder EcoBoost engines benefit from these NGK Iridium Series Plugs when tuned. We strongly recommend these from stage 2 onwards with a 0.65mm gap.
Any EcoBoost engine running substantially higher boost pressure or increased levels of tuning compared to the OE power output can experience reduced spark plug life resulting in lower engine performance, misfires and rough idle etc.
Increased wear is typically seen in the form of increased spark plug gap and degradation of the electrode. Using spark plugs that are optimised for increased power ensures maximum performance.
Extensive in-market validation at extreme boost/cylinder pressures was undertaken to ensure optimal performance was achieved, whilst also making sure reliability and drivability wasn’t compromised in colder ambients.
The NGK LTR71X-II is one step colder than the original spark plug.
- Fine Wire Center Electrode ensures high durability and a consistently stable Spark
- bIridium Alloy has an extremely high melting point, perfect for today’s high-tech, high performance Engines
- Trivalent Metal Plating provides superior Anti-corrosion and Anti-seizing properties
- Corrugated Ribs prevent flashover
- Pure Alumina Silicate Ceramic Insulator, Provides superior strength and better heat transfer
- Copper core aids in heat removal
- Triple seals prevent leakage
(These will need to be gapped down to 0.026″ (0.65mm) for high performance applications)