Duratec 2.3 H Beam Connecting Rods – Pumaspeed
- Heat treated, X-rayed, sonic tested, magna-fluxed, stress relieved.
- certified 4340 steel 2-piece forgings for increased strength.
- machined with extremely tight tolerances.
- bronze bushings for floating pins.
- Important weight savings.
- Ready to run, installation instruction and bolt lubricant included.
High performance rods cost over £650 normally These are some of the highest quality rods on the market. High performance rods cost over 650 normally Excellent for nitrous, turbo/supercharged, and high RPM applications.
They are fitted as standard with ‘ARP’ rod bolts, recognised as the best available.
These Connecting Rods are manufactured from a TWO-PIECE FORGING. The forging process forces the grain into the shape of a connecting rod, resulting in a superior fatigue life. The rod cap is forged separately so that the grain runs perpendicular to the load forces, which strengthens the connecting rod. Many aftermarket connecting rods are manufactured from 4340 steel. 4340 specs allow a range of different materials to achieve the desired results. Although it is a more expensive process, these contain a higher content of nickel & chrome, which increases the strength & fatigue life without making the connecting rod brittle.
Proper rod bolt torque is vital to connecting rod life. A rod bolt fastner is without question the highest stressed fastener in the engine.
Insisted on the best ‘ARP’ from PUMASPEED