Boost Box 2 Channel Tuning Box Focus ST Diesel Mk3 – Boost Box
- Up To 229bhp & 464nm
- Warranty Friendly Install
- Reduction In Turbo Lag
- 5 Selectable Maps
- Reprogrammable For Future Vehicles
- Weatherproof Casing
The brand new Boost Box 2 is here to suit Focus Mk3 ST Diesel models. Offering huge gains of up to +44bhp and +64nm over stock figures giving up to 229bhp and 464nm in the most aggressive map setting!
The Boost Box 2 offers a fantastic alternative solution to an ECU remap by simply plugging into the factory wiring loom and modifying signals from the ECU in real time which allows more power, more torque, more fuel economy, and most important more drivability.
All standard economy features including Auto Stop Start and DPF remain untouched and function exactly the same as with the stock car. The Boost Box 2 also produces no nasty black diesel exhaust smoke as it can accurately transistion between on-boost and off-boost fuelling profiles. This also reduces this chance of the DPF becoming clogged which in turn reduces the maximum torque level achievable.
Factory reliability is the most important part of the programming that goes into the Boost Box 2, boost is controlled in real time meaning that the turbocharger pressure is constantly altered to keep the Air Fuel Ratios (AFR) consistent. This allows for a clean combustion and low Exhaust Gas Temperatures (EGT), crucial in preventing overheating and reliability issues.
Due to the additional torque and power found by fitting the Boost Box 2, you can expect to see fuel economy improve by up to 10% when the car is driven in the same manner, for example if you currently average 40mpg, expect to see around 44mpg if you can resist the temptation of using your new power and torque.
Remap or Tuning Box?
Remap or Tuning Box?
Ultimately a good ECU remap will usually out perform a simple tuning box such as the Boost Box 2 in most areas since with a full ECU remap you are modifying more than two paramaters. However the Boost Box 2 does offer some significant benefits over an ECU remap which you can see below:
– DIY Fitment: Quite often an ECU remap requires removal of the ECU from the vehicle and opening up on a ‘bench’ setup, not something the average car enthusiast would be able to do themselves. Although we recommend fitting by a qualified professional, the Boost Box 2 is very straight forward to fit and can be fitted by any competent DIYer.
– Cost: Professional remaps can cost anywhere from £400 upwards from most reputable companies, the Boost Box 2 is priced at just £319, plus can be resold when the vehicle is sold.
– Manufacture Warranty: Brand new cars are supplied with a manufactures warranty, commonly 3 or 5 years, but can be up to 7 years from when they are first registered. An ECU remap if found will void any warranty on the powetrain of the vehicle, the Boost Box 2 can be unplugged and removed within minutes with no traceability, negating any manufacture warranty concerns.
– Manufacture Warranty:
– User Adjustability: The Boost Box 2 contains five user selectable maps ranging from and economy mode, to all out performance, which can then be fine tuned from 1-9, 1 offering the smallest changes, and 9 offering the largest change.
– User Adjustability:
There are no reviews yet.