As part of our expanding Mk3 Focus product range, AIRTEC Motorsport is proud to launch our intercooler upgrade to offer increased performance through reduced charge temperatures in comparison to the original intercooler. This is particularly important to remapped examples.
Our solution to improving the OEM intercooler set up within the confines behind the bumper assembly is based upon a high flow, single-pass core design, that’s wider, taller and deeper than the original. This offers a massive increase in frontal area and a huge increase in capacity, which allows it to make the most of the air flow provided.
With tapered end tanks, this same specification intercooler has been tested up to 540bhp with an impressive 38 degree intake temperature.
Despite this improvement, the kit fits neatly behind the original bumper and can be reverted back to standard with no issues. It fits to the standard hoses but requires removal of Ford grille shutters is required, simply unbolt and refit loom to AIRTEC bracket supplied. The comprehensive fitting kit includes all the correct fixtures and fittings.
The intercooler is available in a Pro-Series Black or Natural Silver (with or without the AIRTEC logo).
- 70mm thick track proven bar and plate core
- AIRTEC cast end tanks for improved airflow and unbeatable strength
- Air Ram scoop to force air through the core
- Fits to standard hoses
- Fitting takes less 1-2 hours, comes with fitting instructions
- 3-year unlimited mileage warranty
- Available in Pro-Series Satin Black or Natural Silver
- AIRTEC logo available at no extra charge
Registered Design Right number: 6022643
AIRTEC Part No: ATINTFO27