As part of our expanding Cosworth product range, AIRTEC Motorsport is proud to launch our intercooler upgrade suitable for track or fast road use.
This full size 100mm core, top fed intercooler is suitable for the 3-door Sierra as well as the 2wd and 4wd Sapphire Cosworth models running Stage 3 (400bhp) and above power.
In order to ensure there is no noticeable loss in performance during extended periods of hard driving, we have developed a larger, freer-flowing intercooler that is a direct replacement for the smaller and more restrictive OEM item.
Our solution to increasing the intercooler’s size and performance within the confines of the limited space behind the bumper is based upon a high flow, single pass core with a huge 100mm depth. This offers a massive increase in overall capacity in comparison to the original intercooler, as well as a significant increase in frontal area over standard, which allows it to make the most of the air flow provided. An air ram scoop also works to ensure air is forced into the core.
Together with our high-flow, moulded one-piece cast end tanks to ensure flow is directed correctly and efficiently, the AIRTEC Motorsport intercooler offers much greater efficiency and volume over standard.
The kit fits neatly behind the original bumper and can be reverted back to standard with no issues. It comes with the option of original 60mm or larger 76mm inlet and outlet pipes, and also comes and the comprehensive fitting kit includes all the correct fixtures and fittings. The optional fitting kit includes uprated polyurethane mounting bushes to replace the soft rubber bushes usually used to reduce movement and flex.
The intercooler is available in Pro-Series Black (with or without the AIRTEC logo).
- 100mm thick track proven bar and plate core
- AIRTEC cast end tanks for improved airflow and unbeatable strength
- Smooth 90 degree top pipes flow air into Unique rounded bottom end tanks
- Air ram scoop to force flow through the core
- Available with 60mm or 76mm outlets
- No cutting or drilling
- Fitting takes less 1-2 hours, comes with fitting instructions
- 3-year unlimited mileage warranty
- Available in Pro-Series Satin Black
- AIRTEC logo available at no extra charge
- Alloy lowering spacers available if AutoSpecialists inlet plenum (or similar) fitted to align throttle body
Please note: This will not fit Escort Cosworth (unless front panel modification) – please see here for 70mm version that is a direct fit for the Escort Cosworth AIRTEC Motorsport 70mm Top Feed Intercooler Upgrade for 3-door, Sapphire and Escort Cosworth – AIRTEC Motorsport
AIRTEC part number: ATINTFO38