Our contact details
Name: AJ Motorsport
Address: Unit 7, Star Industrial Estate, St Johns Road, Grays, RM16 4AT
Phone Number: 01375851256
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information: Customer’s name, contact details including phone number and home address, email address and car registration
How we get the personal information and where does it come from?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made an enquiry to us
- You wish to attend or have attended an event run by us
- You subscribe to our e-newsletter
- You have purchased through our online website or have booked into our workshop.
- Usage data which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use, normally stored as cookies over which you have levels of control in your Cookie Settings
We may share this information with our accounting software, QuickBooks for legal reasons and third parties’ suppliers to fulfil your orders, we will not sell any customer’s personal information to third-party resources.
Why do we collect the information?
- To Fulfil your order on our online website, over the phone or at our workshop
- To book your vehicle in to our workshop
- Undertake processes such as shipping and delivery
- Administer payments
- Understand how people use our website so that we can improve our services for our customers
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our website, within our accounting software, QuickBooks.
There are some legal requirements which govern how long we have to keep your personal information. Outside of these requirements, we only retain your personal information for as long as we feel is necessary, for example, the purpose of any legal or accounting reporting requirements.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk